Sunday, August 25, 2013

lessons - session 6


1. I think I've finally gotten the "X" pronounciation in Xhosa down. Only took a good seven weeks.

2. The question asked here has nothing to do with whether or not you are in a relationship; rather it is "are you married." When I answer no, the next question is, "do you have kids?" Alrighty then.

3. With as crazy as the driving is here, I repeatedly hear that it is Cape Town that has the most safe drivers in all of the country. Wow.

4. The same ^^^ goes for levels of violence, though Cape Town has it's share of robberies and such, many locals say it does not compare to other major cities at all. So sad to hear :(

5. I have finally made the trek from my flat to the main campus (let's not forget most of this is an incline). We were to be somewhere early in the morning on a Saturday and the shuttles only run on an hourly basis during the weekend; thus, the wait time was unpredictable. Knew it had to be done some time.

6. Went to an event for Powerhouse, Hillsong Church's 18-25 young adult ministry at one of the large performance theaters in town. It was crazy beautiful, and I don't think I've laughed that hard in a while. Good stuff right there.

7. Went on an outreach for an orphanage/foster/childcare home and we took the kiddos to the Cape Town Museum. The trip included a show in the planetarium, but when they explained that there are only eight planets, some of us university students couldn't handle it. Live on, Pluto. Post to come about this one soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to comment without registering you may use the anonymous option, however please leave your name in the box otherwise I have no idea who you are! :)