Tuesday, November 19, 2013

lifting laterns

I left South Africa on the 8th of November and just returned home to Denver this past weekend after spending a week with family in London. It was all too great to meet so many other relatives and get to know some of my cousins better. A great time to reflect and re-assimilate myself before I returned home.

Before I left, however, the final night was spent in such an incredible way. One of the girls on my program, Kate, thought it'd be sweet to light lanterns on the beach during sunset, so she made it all possible. Easily one of the most memorable moments over these last several months. We each got a giant lantern to light and release once it filled up with gas and I still can hear everyone yelling, "let it go!" when it looked about ready. Kate got a bit of symbolism correct right there... we 'let go' of Cape Town in the most beautiful way possible. So perfect.

photo cred: Zoe Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to comment without registering you may use the anonymous option, however please leave your name in the box otherwise I have no idea who you are! :)