I mentioned this place, The Old Biscuit Mill, in the one with the food but I knew there'd have to be a post dedicated to this place. Many of us Americans refer to it as OBM, but I've found that locals have no idea what we talk about when we use that acronym. So I guess we are not as clever as we think haha.
I have made some local friends (Sash and Janelle, though Janelle is a full time UCT student from Canada) and found out that neither had been to this hipster den. Alas, the foreigner has once again become a guide (missing my campus job haha) and I was able to spend a Saturday morning out with these two!
Welcome to the Mill, where the food is good and the people are fun to watch:
![]() |
| Awesome band that performed a while back... I'll try to remember their name sometime haha |
Though touristy, Old Biscuit Mill has the magic of bringing together people from all over the world to celebrate the diversity in food, culture, and music. It is really a Cape Townian treasure.


Feels like "Taste of Colorado" which starts this weekend Sept 1st 2013.
ReplyDelete