Wednesday, August 28, 2013

some sweet stuff

Started off last Friday afternoon spending several hours baking biscuits/cookies for the outreach we'd be taking part in the next day. This in itself was quite an adventure, and I got to spend it with some incredible ladies from the Y, Katherine, Akhona, and Musa (not pictured).



Later on that evening after returning from the Y's weekly Friday night meetings (Hub) Nichelle got to baking her family's banana muffin recipe. Ahhh soooo goood. Did I mention this girl is single? Heh heh (she will kill me).



And that same Friday night, we went and joined our friend Sonora as she was baking some brownies for a township community day the following morning. Don't mind if I do.


And now I'd like to take a moment to introduce you all to one our favorite places in town...this little bakery! I don't even know what it is called, but it run by a kind old man who's name we ought to know by now. His shop is located in town (all the shops on Main Road) at a complex called the Riverside Mall, though it is not really a shopping mall... It must've been the second week we were here in South Africa walking leaving the venue when Sonora mentioned smelling something heavenly down the way during her previous visit. So we strolled down the way and caught a glimpse of the smell and found this gem.

Thus, Nichelle and I visit this place just about every weekend. We purchase fresh bread and muffins from him and his employees, and our most recent infatuation has been with an herb and olive oil loaf of bread. I have met my match in Nichelle. I have finally met someone who loves bread as much as I do. 


And a little notice to my wonderful mother who is probably concerned--don't worry I don't eat it all at once! Haha.

2 comments:

  1. Mail a box over Colorado. I can taste it already. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't eat it all or we'll have to attend booth camp to workout. love reading from your blogs. makes me so proud. love ya.

    ReplyDelete

If you wish to comment without registering you may use the anonymous option, however please leave your name in the box otherwise I have no idea who you are! :)