Sunday, September 1, 2013

lessons - session 7

The view from my bus stop every morning
1. Today marks two months here in the Mother City, I am blessed.

2. I has been raining on and off since Wednesday. I will be so sad if spring delays itself this month!

3. If you order a 'burger,' the default is a 'burger' made of chicken. In order to get a burger made of beef, you actually have to ask for beef.

4. Once again, I am beginning to regret that almost all of the music I own is 'sleepy time' songs. Doesn't do me any good when trying to write papers.

5. One of the boys that I tutor tried to teach me how to say certain commands in Xhosa so that I could get a hold of students when they are rambunctious. Yet, he also taught me how to say "I am giving birth right now." Love these kids more every week.

6. I have been trying to actively be thankful for my health everyday; in Colorado my allergies/asthma easily takes a toll overall so I was a bit wary about the possibility of getting seriously ill so far from home. Yet, I haven't needed to take allergy medication, inhaler, nebulizer, etc. I sneezed the other day and it was probably the first time in weeks, so this is a big deal hha. So really, I am so thankful!

7. A good amount of my Interstudy friends are headed out to Botswana this week for vac (Spring Break). Hope you guys enjoy your adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to comment without registering you may use the anonymous option, however please leave your name in the box otherwise I have no idea who you are! :)