Sunday, September 29, 2013

lessons - session 11

Fishhoek
1. The Y Formal last night, soooo much fun! Pictures to come soon. Finally got to sokkie (a type of Afrikaans dance similar to swing dancing) but I can't say that I did it well.

2. The guys at the Y have been gracious enough to let me be a part of the organizing committee for the next orphan outreach next week (though I didn't really ask to join, just was told to show up to a meeting). There is nothing more welcoming than putting someone to work (but really!),

3. The large insects who find their way into our flat have built an army and I think they are planning something. I used to live in harmony with the smaller ones but today a leaper showed up and I don't think I can handle that.

4. Braai it on (South African puns).

5. Feeling like this is the first weekend in the past 2 months that I haven't had anything strenuous academic things to work on. Feels good.

6. Realized that saying goodbye to this country will mean saying goodbye to the roomie. Choosing not to keep track of time.

7. Currently writing this post in Cocoa Wah Wah (this cafe is to me as Central Perk is to Friends). Just hanging around watching people do their own people-watching. Can't get any better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to comment without registering you may use the anonymous option, however please leave your name in the box otherwise I have no idea who you are! :)