| One of UCT's Jammie Thursdays a while back on the Jammie steps. Go tigers? |
2. Whenever I introduce my name to people I am told of its origins--at home I am told it originates from the Spanish but here it is either Afrikaans or Indian. And they've all got different ways of pronouncing it, several of my friends enjoy saying my name in the most dramatic ways possible.
3. Finally got to journey to Stellenbosch, Francshhoek, and see a bit of Paarl at the end of last weekend. So quaint!
4. South Africans use the word "hectic" with the same frequency that we say "crazy."
5. Getting excited for the rest of the month, there are some awesome events coming up this month!
6. As many of my local friends talk about plans for the next year it is so weird to think I won't be here to see their hopes become a reality. I've got two more months to experience life with some of the most genuine people I have ever met. Leaving will surely be bittersweet, but right now I am trying to step away from counting down the days.
7. Hope all of my DU family is off to a great start! First-years better be sure to reserve some space for some good old Sonia-loving when I return!
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you wish to comment without registering you may use the anonymous option, however please leave your name in the box otherwise I have no idea who you are! :)