It was a bit of an adventure in itself to maneuver public transportation to the beach but we made it to Camp's Bay in due time. We aimed to first grab a quick bite with hopes of eating out on the shore. Not surprisingly enough we kept coming across all of the more expensive luxury dining facilities but found a reasonable establishment that let us order our meals to-go without having to wait all too long.
| And I'll justify that face as a repond to the cold water. |
After a good amount of time enjoying the shore, we sought to sit for tea, coffee, and treats as early evening hit. The best part about it is that it was at a restaurant called the Grand Cafe, one of the most peculiar places I have ever been to. It was a restaurant that also doubled as a bed and breakfast of some sort, but we're sure it actually houses mafia bosses and pimp daddies. Sketchy finds for the win.
After our day in Camp's Bay Sonora, Ian, and I finished off the night hanging out at Janelle's (remember her, my Canadian friend from a recent blog post) to watch Invictus, the movie depicting the story of Mandela's tactics to bring the South African people together post-apartheid. Janelle lent me Mandela's autobiography in Long Walk to Freedom, I'll make this one a goal.
This day was altogether perfect. So many laughs with so many great people, I am more than content.

No comments:
Post a Comment
If you wish to comment without registering you may use the anonymous option, however please leave your name in the box otherwise I have no idea who you are! :)