Went on a seven hour bus tour of the peninsula our first week in (with a good number of stops throughout the day). Easily one of my most favorite days since I've been in SA. Not gonna lie, I definitely creeped on some of the people on my program to get some of these photos (I think several of them are finding that this is a normal part of my daily routine), but it was beautiful seeing someone's reaction to the views from Cape Point and the Cape of Good Hope. The trek to the top was a bit laborious, but well worth it. I didn't even think I could capture the entire view from the top of the lighthouse we climbed up, so I did not waste any attempts. Seeing others' expressions was just about as necessary as viewing the sight for yourself.
In a conversation with a friend, Sonora, we talked about the fact that pictures have the ability to capture moments, but you will truly never be able to relive a single moment again. We took several moments to put away the cameras and partake in a bit of Good Hope; the insanely fresh smell, the soft sound of the Atlantic, the feel of the breeze. And finally, the view.
I love that one of these points was called the Cape of Good Hope. I feel like looking out from up top was a little bit of hope, truly. It was beautiful, and pure, fresh, and exciting, like learning how to hope.







No comments:
Post a Comment
If you wish to comment without registering you may use the anonymous option, however please leave your name in the box otherwise I have no idea who you are! :)