Sunday, July 28, 2013

lessons - session 3

Click the image to enlarge
1. This past week a student ministry constructed a bedroom set outside in the middle of Jammie Plaza, the central hub of campus. Behind the bedroom was the board (as pictured above) asking, "Why did you get out of bed this morning?" Take some time to read some of the responses, there are several humorous ones too. Got a lot of people talking, good stuff right there.

2. I've seen combinations of eye color and skin tones that I have literally never seen before. The diversity is so beautiful.

3. Traffic lights are called "robots."

4. About nine months ago I attended a Cru regional conference in Estes Park where I heard about one of their missions trips (called Summer Project) that went to South Africa. Had an inkling to apply but I knew that wouldn't be possible if I wanted to study abroad somewhere. Guess who just ran into some of the Cru Summer Project students! Small world, small world.

5. Crosswalks seem to mean nothing in Cape Town. And if you jaywalk, seems as though drivers like to speed up as if hitting you is a personal goal.

6. Toilets do flush in the opposite direction. And I've found if you ask someone where the "restroom" is, six out of ten times they won't know what you are talking about. They simply call it the toilet.

7. Stood in line for a good ten minutes while three Afrikaaners did their best 'Merica impersonation. They did it all to well.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool that you ran into people from Summer Project!

    ReplyDelete

If you wish to comment without registering you may use the anonymous option, however please leave your name in the box otherwise I have no idea who you are! :)