Sunday, October 6, 2013
lessons - session 12
1. Last full week of lectures is this upcoming week! We then have about two weeks of a "study period" (which I hear is insanely necessary eep) and then exam period is over the course of three weeks. Oh boy.
2. Sonora told me about a great cafe to grab lunch in middle campus. I've found my go-to place during my long afternoon breaks! Out by the engineering building too so it's modern, clean, and quiet; the perfect study place when it's nice outside and the library is too much of a downer.
3. It's like October hits and now 'summer' is in the air. Cape Town is similar to Colorado in that the weather is unpredictable and you can get all sorts of temperature in one day, but I'm hearing the incessant rain season should be over now. Crossing fingers, but the forecast for this week looks good.
4. ^^^ P.s. I hear it snowed out in D-town this past week. Haha.
5. Last tutoring session with my SHAWCO kiddos are next Thursday and Friday. Lots of emotions going on so we'll wait on that one.
6. Another one of the terms I think I'll be taking back with me is saying "shame" at unfortunate news. And I'm not the only one picked this one up easy too.
7. The rooms and I were talking about how terrible it is because a lot of the guys at the Y are starting to call us by nicknames they've given us. Mixed emotions right there.
Labels:
weekly recaps
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you wish to comment without registering you may use the anonymous option, however please leave your name in the box otherwise I have no idea who you are! :)