| Several days this week this slide was usable on the second set of Jammie steps. Can't say I participated. |
2. Birthday was this past week. Tea time with some awesome girls then dinner with several other girls from my program. I've received a crazy amount of love from these folks.
3. I'm trying to finish (but really start) an essay due Tuesday evening, but it involves doing "research" by using Facebook. I don't see how they expect us to actually get work done this way.
4. Sat on the Jammie steps Thursday afternoon during meridian (lunch break) to watch the event that was going on for Jammie Thursdays. The deejay asked for a show of hands whether or not this was a last event for those graduating. I then realised it was my last one too (too bad I didn't even stay haha).
5. This weekend was a landmark occasion as I finally got to visit the Simunye house, a dwelling I have been hearing about over the last couple of months. It houses seven guys from the Student Y and The Message Church and is known as the gathering place for braai and celebrations. Saturday night was in honor of the twins' birthday and the release of the most recent edition of a magazine. Also plenty of food, what more could you ask for.
6. I then visited one of The Message Church's small home group talks the following morning at the Simunye House, and it was so good. Simunye means "We Are One" and that sentiment is live and well here.
7. Asked some friends to give me a Xhosa name (one that I could actually pronounce) and I'm guessing the spelling would be something along the lines of "Cisaba," a name that means "Advisor." Let's hope I can actually remember the pronunciation.
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you wish to comment without registering you may use the anonymous option, however please leave your name in the box otherwise I have no idea who you are! :)