Tuesday, October 15, 2013

twenty

I suppose I can't go abroad and have a birthday without posting about it. So here's the obligatory birthday post. Day started off with class (not so fun) but I then was able to get some good, well-needed quiet time soon afterwards. That afternoon I headed over to the Y offices and joined some of the guys for a good amount of laughs and love.

In the late afternoon Sonora treated me to High Tea at the Mount Nelson Hotel, a nearby venue that was absolutely gorgeous. We joined two other girls on my program, Xena and Laura, and it was so good. We sat outdoors (fulfilling my Coloradan need to be in the sunlight), which was just as great scenery as the indoor tables. Great conversations with some absolutely beautiful heart-ed girls and I am so thankful for this great treat.

Then I went on to gain a good 5 pounds off finger sandwiches and pumpkin tart. Yes.
I think I'd be down to have tea parties for every birthday. New tradition right here.
We then headed directly over from High Tea time to meet up with other ladies from my program for dinner, dessert and drinks at Cocoa Wah Wah. It was great getting to spend some time with them because I really never get to see them more than in passing. So lucky to have landed some seriously awesome people to experience this country with!


I was much too full after tea to eat anything, so Rachel ordered a cake for herself but had brought some candles to make it official and all. Though this may have been the smallest gesture, I was just about in tears at this point. Such a sweetheart :)


I also received a card and the sweetest letter from two of the girls, and this one is just so perfect I have to share! Ah love it.

Cheers to 20 years. So thankful for such love and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to comment without registering you may use the anonymous option, however please leave your name in the box otherwise I have no idea who you are! :)